- Our student and staff timetable will initially be altered to support year group 'bubbles', where pupils will remain with their class for all lessons and be with other members of the their year group during recreation and lunch times.
- make every effort possible to keep all pupils in year group 'bubbles' with specific staff allocated to teach and support each year group 'bubble'
- minimise contact between individuals outside the year group 'bubbles' by remaining in one classroom for the majority of lessons and thus reducing movement around the school
- situate classes within one year group within the same vicinity (year group zones)
- allocate each group specific entry, exit and handwashing/sanitising areas
- promote good hygiene standards by cleaning hands more often than usual and on arrival and before and after eating, and after sneezing, coughing - washing hands thoroughly for 20 seconds with soap and water and or use of approved hand rub or sanitiser
- promote the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach with tissues widely distributed throughout the school
- clean frequently touched surfaces often using detergents and antibacterial wipes
Use of communal areas:
Where possible we will:
- limit class changeover & stagger break times where necessary to reduce the level of circulation within school
- display 2m markers on the corridor floor as a guide to support social distancing
- ensure that toilets do not become crowded by limiting the number who use the toilet facilities at one time
- create designated outdoor recreation zones for each year group 'bubble'
- only allow one year group 'bubble' at a time to use the dining hall facilities
- close the school library & cloakroom areas until further notice
- ensure groups keep their belongings (coats & bags) with them in their allocated classrooms
- ensure everyone over 11 years of age wears a face covering in communal areas (From 21st September 2020)
Break and Lunchtime Arrangements
- Each group will be allocated an outdoor zone on our extensive grounds and will be supervised staff
- Outdoor breaktimes will be on a Rota system with one year group each day remaining indoors but having access to the dining hall at lunchtime
- Lunchtimes will be slightly staggered to avoid one year group 'bubble' mixing with another on route outdoor and so that movement around the school at the same time is minimised
- When fields are out of use due to poor weather conditions, recreation times will be indoors - although we do expect to be able to offer a portion of time outdoors on the yard for each group 'bubble'
- A small amount of play equipment will be provided for sole use by each year group 'bubble'
- Allocated playground equipment e.g. footballs to be cleaned after recreational use
Risk Assessment for Face Coverings in School Document - Updated on 17 September 2020
Risk Assessment Document - Updated on 15 September 2020
|File Size:||1425 kb|
Addendum to School Behaviour and Motivation Policy
School Transport Information for transport provided by Northumberland County Council
|Guidance for parents of pupils using home to school transport|
|File Size:||491 kb|