At Corbridge Middle School, we believe that the key aim of assessment is to support pupil achievement and progress. Through our assessment and reporting practice, we aim to:
- Enable pupils to understand what they have to do to reach the end of lesson, unit, topic, academic year and key stage expectations.
- Allow teachers to determine what a child can/cannot do and to help them plan future support to fill any gaps in skills, knowledge and understanding.
- Help set targets and involve pupils in their own learning.
- Give parents a clear idea of what their child can do and what they need to do to progress.
- Provide information that can be used to evaluate teaching and learning practice.
- Give pupils effective feedback so they know what they have done well and what they need to improve.
- Enable all pupils, including pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), to make effective progress.