How will the school help prepare my child for transfer to high school?
- All year 8 pupils will have 3 taster days in the spring term. This helps to give pupils a taste of high school and we can help to alleviate any worries they may have.
- All pupils have 1 day in summer term, transfer day, which is an opportunity to meet their new form tutor.
- Identified 1:1 time to address the concerns of individual pupils.
- Extra visits and tours to the high school will be organised for small groups or individuals.
- Learning mentors will visit from the high school in summer term.
- The SENCos at the middle and high school meet several times throughout the year to discuss SEN pupils.
- Pupil profiles and data are transferred to High school in summer term.
- There will be an information evening at the high school for all parents in summer term.