What training does the staff supporting children and young people with SEND have?
- Staff supporting pupils with SEN are qualified teachers or learning support assistants with at least Level 3 in education.
- A comprehensive induction programme is in place for all new staff.
- All teachers, learning support assistants and other staff members undergo yearly appraisal procedures which identify any training needs.
- All staff receive comprehensive and on-going training in meeting the needs of our pupils, including safeguarding and medical.
- The SENCo is completing the mandatory training to be able to co-ordinate your child’s special educational needs or disabilities effectively at Corbridge Middle School.
- The SEN department team of learning support assistants are included in training opportunities relating to special educational needs and disabilities, and have a wealth of experience and expertise to offer children with SEN at our school.
- At Corbridge Middle School, we value lifelong learning, and as a staff, we use training opportunities to reflect critically on our practice in the classroom with children, including those with SEND.